Spitting Caves

I am showing you the beautiful, yet very dangerous waters known as Spitting Caves. For this adventure, I am switching it up a bit. I advise that you do not try to test these waters but rather enjoy it from afar. This is a cliff shoreline, where waves crash into the rocky walls and “spit” out water. The reason that I would not recommend for you to test the waters is because the waves, as well as the current are extremely unpredictable. About more than a dozen of people have lost their lives, and many have drowned. The sound alone, is very intimidating. You can hear the echo of the waves when it hits the cave, as well as the “spit.” 


I am one who does truly like to adventure, yet there are times when you need to listen to that gut feeling of taking a step back. I value the beauty of our island Oahu, and this location is one of those that you might not want to get an up close experience with. If you decide to take a visit to Spitting Caves, please be careful and just enjoy the view.

 




Comments

  1. Amazing photo and video. I just love the blue color of the water. Where exactly is this? Seems to be on the East side? Crazy to think people have tried to get too close and have lost their lives. Have you been to mermaid cave? I have wanted to check that place out too but I hear it's kind of unpredictable as well. I have been really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Sun Sets

Lulumahu Falls

My Go-To