Where the Sun Sets




 
You can never go wrong when it comes to taking time to just sit and watch the sun as it goes to bed. The sunsets out on the West side of the island are always breathtaking. These were taken at Keaau Beach Park out in Waianae. Although the drive is kind of lengthy, it is absolutely worth the view. I don't know what it is, but whenever I watch the sunset at the beach there is this surreal feeling, and great amount of appreciation I feel for this place I get to call home. The warmth and calmness that I get from watching sunsets is a vibe thats truly unmatched. The sound of the ocean hitting the sand, and the feeling of the wind pressing on your skin puts me in such a peaceful state, making me feel kind of lazy. I could literally watch sunsets at the beach over and over, and never get tired of it. The islands rewards that come with no cost is something that I think we all need to learn to appreciate. Regardless of where you're from.

 If you haven't yet, I highly suggest when you feel like you just need some relaxing, soul cleansing time after a rough week, take a ride out west. Whether it's with a couple of your closest friends or family, or even if it's just you alone, this is almost guaranteed to put you in a good head space.


Comments

  1. YES. I love sitting on the beach and thinking something. I always go to Waikiki or Alamoana Beach, because I do not have ride to go other beach;; I never go to Keaau Beach. it seems a wonderful beach. I feel peaceful when I see or sit on the beach, and it makes me lazy too. Also, I could not spend money a lot so that is good for me. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. I am in my room, but I felt I am on the beach when I saw your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I commented by other account.
    YES. I love sitting on the beach and thinking something. I always go to Waikiki or Alamoana Beach, because I do not have ride to go other beach;; I never go to Keaau Beach. it seems a wonderful beach. I feel peaceful when I see or sit on the beach, and it makes me lazy too. Also, I could not spend money a lot so that is good for me. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. I am in my room, but I felt I am on the beach when I saw your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alyssa! I agree with you that watching sunsets can be a powerful way to appreciate yourself and have a sense of peace with the world around you. I've been to Oahu a few times but never made it to the West side, maybe since the sunsets aren't always visible from other sides of the island I will have to visit and see this in real life..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great photographer! When I enjoy this kind of beautiful scenery by the beach by myself, I feel I am so close to God. Only God's hand can do such a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love to watch sunsets and I will admit that I never seem to be on the westside for them or take the time to drive out to them since I live in town. Your post has inspired me to just do the drive however. Especially during this time of covid-19 and quarantines, I and people in general, could really use the peace and beauty of watching one. Beautiful pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lulumahu Falls

My Go-To