My Go-To







To start off this journey, I would like to take you all to my absolute favorite spot on Oahu! This is located on the east side of the island in Lanikai, Kailua. A place well known to Kailua locals, as well as lots of tourists. Many people enjoy cruising on the beautiful shores of Lanikai, but not many know there hides quite a number of hidden beach accesses. This particular beach access that I have journeyed to brings you to a breathtaking view closer than the others. The two islands in this photo are called the Mokulua islands or the “Twin islands.” The island on the left is called Moku Nui, where numbers of people kayak and sometimes paddle out on surfboards to venture the land. 

This is a view that I truly will never get tired of! From the translucent turquoise waters, the warmth of the sun, and the very photo-like scenery, I am extremely lucky to be able to spend time here! 

Comments

  1. Aloha Alyssa! Let me just say I am really excited to follow your adventures. Your first blog post is a great one. I also love Lanikai Beach/Kailua area. I honestly always park at the same place and use only one beach access point and it's the main one because I can be a creature of habit, but you have inspired me to try and venture out to find more access points. I feel like you really can't go wrong in this area though. The views you have photographed are truly incredible and I love the water donut frame of the Moke Islands. I have kayaked once to Moku Nui. On it I saw nesting frigate birds, "queen's bath," and backside cliffs with breathtaking views to jump off of. It was definitely a workout to get out there and back but I have always wanted to do it again. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos! I have been shores of Lanikai once. It has been hard road to get to this point, but I remember the beach was so beautiful. I want to visit again even though it is hard to arrive at there. -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment from July 28, 6:47 PM is from Michelle Santerno :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Sun Sets

Lulumahu Falls